Sunday, February 12, 2006

Baskets of stash



Yesterday I finished piecing this basket quilt. I just have to put some handles on it. I tried to do it with needleturn applique but it was quite lumpy so I am going to try to make a template in the round shape and then trace it and applique it on the fabric. This is made for my LQS.

I saw these baskets in a book and I thought I would use my scraps. So now that I finished this one for the LQS I can start my own. I am going to make it in pink and brown scraps. Next weekend I am going to go to a quiltmarathon! It is going to be so cool! It is from fridaynight untill sundayevening. So I am now cutting all the pieces from my stash. I hope to have everything ready before next weekend so I can just sew and sew and sew.

I also think I am going to start cutting for a Ocean Waves. I saw a scrappy one made by Bonnie Hunter which was lovely! http://www.quiltville.com/oceanwaves.shtml
She also haves this great stash/scraps systems that is worth reading about!http://quiltville.com/scrapusersystem.shtml



Well I have a pile of scraps waiting for me so...wish me luck.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Hoi Barbara,

Via Bonnie kreeg ik de link naar je blog! Ik ben een lid van de Maverick's en woon in Nederland.
Geweldige mandjes ben je aan het maken.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

I really like the baskets quilt! Sounds like you are keeping busy...wish I had a quilt shop close by!!!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

My eyes just focused in on all your DJ blocks in the background...those baskets must be huge!! Nice DJ blocks, do you have a web page for your DJ stuff?

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home