Friday, April 06, 2007

Gifts, ripplebag and cookie factory

Hi!

I know, I know it has been a long time again since I last posted something. I have been working hard on some things, and I thought I would finish them quite soon, but every time something happend and I thought tomorrow I will blog about it when it is finished and something happend again...anyway..this weeks produce...

My best friend Sasha is having her first baby soon, and of course something had to made for the little one. So I made this nursingbag. It is a bag with pockets on the sides and a little mattress area in between for the baby to lay on when he or she gets changed, complete with bear pillow. This bag is out of the book Patchwork Bears from Dorthe Jollman a Danish patchworker. Cathi and I have made a bearquilt from the same book.

The bag closed:


The bag open, with the small pockets for diapers and clothes. It will get a small sheet or towel on the inside where the baby lays. So you can wash just that sheet and don't have to wash the whole bag every time you change the baby and have an accident.


I had some leftover fabrics, so I made this quilt. It is made out of the same stripmethod I have made other quilts before. It is very simple, but if anybody wants me to write how I do it let me know!






So this has become a lovely travel set with the bag and the quilt. And what is quite funny and really not planned since I just used every inch of my babyscraps is that, if you fold the babyquilt in 4 parts it is exactly the same size as the bag, so you can just put it in there...I was so surprised..


Well these 2 projects were thought to go together fast and not give me much trouble but I have had everything from: having my sewing machine hop over stitches and not seeing until I was almost done (thread was to thick for the needle) to running out of thread, needles breaking and having to go to the store and buy new ones......not being able to find my batting, going to the store to buy a new one and finding the old one as soon as I got home....I think I have had almost every problem I can think of on this quilt..But it is finished and it looks so cute!

I showed you the ripple blanket I am working on and going to be doing as a project together with my friend Karin. She is coming later tonight by plane. She is probably going to make something small to give to a friend of hers who is having a baby soon too, and since I liked her to have a more permanent memory of our project together I made this ripplebag (pattern made by DH) I will post the pattern soon here on the blog.





While I am writing this I am making some chocolate chip cookies. One batch makes so many cookies that it feels like I am in a cookie factory:


Happy Easter!

Barbara

20 Comments:

Blogger Silverthimble said...

You have made some wonderful gifts! I am looking forward to seeing your ripple bag pattern! Happy Easter to you and your family!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

The gifts are just lovely. The idea of the bag I just love.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that it is beautiful this bag with langer, I do not write very well English sorry, I made a similar bag you can see it on my blog.
http://countrypatch.canalblog.com/archives/2006/05/27/1964036.html#comments

8:50 PM  
Blogger Sew Create It - Jane said...

You've made some lovely things there and I look forward to seeing the bag tutorial and the strippy quilt (if possible :) I also thought your idea of lining the cookies on the baking paper ready to bake is very clever...I'll definitely use that idea. thanks for sharing and Happy Easter.

9:47 PM  
Blogger CONNIE W said...

The baby gift is really, really nice. Every mama would like to have that for a gift. What a good friend you are. And now you are busy making cookies - yummmmmm.
Have a happy Easter. :)

10:10 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

The baby gifts are wonderful! She will be so pleased, I'm sure. I like how bright they are. If you have time, a quick explanation of your strippy quilt would be great.

Oh, I want cookies! They look so good. I ought to make some. A smaller batch! LOL!

10:31 PM  
Blogger tami said...

The baby gifts are adorable. I'm sure they will be very pleased.
I can't wait for the pattern for the bag. I really like it.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

I want to know more about the strippy quilt, too!

What wonderful projects you've done! You've been a busy girl!

Happy Easter, Barbara!

(Hugs)

10:47 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

The bag and blanket are just perfect. The new mother will love them! I really like that strip method you used. I may have to take some notes and try it some time!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Very cute baby gifts Barbara :-)

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO!!!
IS BEAUTIFULL YOUR BLOG AND WORKS!!!
DO YOU WANT EXCHANGE A THIMBLE WITH ME? SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH!!! I AM ARGENTINA BUT NOW I LIVE IN SPAIN

HUGS!!!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Baby Gifts said...

It is such a wonderful pictures shared by you.Hand bags are looks so beautiful.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Petit Bateau said...

According to me these are such a beautiful bags that you have shared over here, i like these all because these are perfect gift for baby.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous shower cabinets said...

Look at the colour combinations of these bags.They are attractive and well created.I like them all.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Wall Tiles & Floor Tiles said...

You have done such a great job here.I like that blue and black coloured bag.Very well done.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous flv media player said...

Bag and blankets are perfect. The new mother will love! I love this method you can use sector. I may take some notes and try it some time.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous spills kit said...

The baby gifts are adorable, I like how bright they are. If you have time, a quick explanation of your strippy quilt would be great.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous remote control plane said...

Such a beautiful gift and cookies which you share above. Every thing looking awesome. I impressed by the work. Excellent idea. I glad for that.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Beatrice Dalton said...

It is interesting post. The Bag and blankets are perfect for me. I like how bright they are. This is a great creativity shear here. am really very glad for that.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Kids Designer Clothes said...

if you were to sneak up inside a fortune cookie factory and get to write whatever floats your boat in all of?

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home