Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Big storm and Garage Sale



Hi!


Here in Sweden we had a big storm on Thursday and an even bigger one on Sunday night. 3 people died and more then 300.000 households are without electricity.

I was visiting IKEA when the storm came to our city. I took a picture of the dark skies that were approaching. (this was at 15:15, during the daytime, it was so dark.) It was a bit scary. Today the wind is still blowing like crazy and a new storm will hit us on Wednesday night. So our week has been a bit strange. The cat is not acting like himself either. I hope it will blow over soon...


A 10 minute walk from were I live, there is a hall were you can rent tables each weekend to sell all you old junk. So almost every weekend I just swing by to have a look. Sometimes you can find these great things like handmade lace, old tablecloths that are handembroiderd and other sewing things. This weekend I found this green monster.But I think I will be able to get it back to a more subtle state with some paints and fabrics!

I just love these old sewing caddies and seem to buy one every time I see one....*lol* I will not know where to put them soon!

Anyway I don't have much planned for today. I am not really happy with the way all my fabrics are stored, so I might take on the big project of reorganising it all... I'll let you know! I am still scrapbooking at the moment, I will show you my work when I am done..there is not much to see just now...

3 Comments:

Blogger Debby Brown said...

Great find!

Stay safe in the storm

12:46 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Hope your power stays on. What a great find!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Hi Barbara, I love this sewing caddy/ table .. what a find !!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home