Thursday, February 16, 2006

Prepare..Prepare...Prepare...

The last couple of days I have preparing for my Quilt Marathon this weekend! I am so looking forward to it. We are 15 quilters who are going to meet up for a whole weekend of quilting. We sleep at a place there they have conferences normally. Everything will be fully taking care off. The food, beds and so on. So nothing to think about except sewing.
I keep thinking of all the stuff I will get done. I have big hopes of this, but I wonder if I am being to optimistic....*lol* I have prepared the whole basket quilt from scraps and now I am going to go into town to buy supplies for a Amy Butler bag I have received a pattern of. It is a tote bag that can be transformed into a backpack.


Last Tuesday I did a crazyquilt for the LQS out of some of my scraps of Wuthering Heights. I am going to do the stitching on a new Janome sewing/embroidery machine at the LQS. I will let you know how that works out.


On valentines Day I got a bunch of roses of my DH, in my favorite color pink...*s* He is so sweet. Also my father from Holland dropped by for one of his short visits. It was a really nice..

Well I am off to the LQS to do some shopping...*s*

5 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Welcome to Stash Quilts! You do beautiful work...I especially love your basket quilt. A basket quilt is on my list of things to do...

2:25 PM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

Have FUN at your marathon. My quilt group is doing the same thing this weekend! We do it twice a year and even that is not enough. Although we do it my house-everyone brings food to share and then one time during the weekend, you have kitchen duty with someone else. So not too bad and lots of sewing, gabbing, laughing going on!!

Love your baskets too. I started making them out of scraps--an ongoing process!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Have fun this weekend - sounds like you are going to get a lot accomplished.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

welcome to Stash quilts...love your kitty...and hope you get lots of quilting done at your marathon!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

So happy you joined Stash Quilts Barbara. Have a wonderful time at you quilt outing this weekend. All of us who have to stay home or go to work will be thinking of you with envy! Your kitty is so very cute!

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home