Saturday, February 25, 2006

Have you found your thing??

Okay time for some thoughts I have been having this week after my Quilt marathon.

What is my thing?

When I was at the Marathon all the people there seemed to have that special thing within quilting. Vivi has her wonderful hexagonquilts. Lena has her artwork. My friend Weronica is a fan of dark colors, batiks and has her wonderfully blues. Lucy has her wonderful quilts that look antique and Bonnie Hunter has her amazing scrapquilts ..And I can name many more. This had me thinking about what my thing was.

I love pink, applique, handquilting, quilts with embroidery and much more but I don't have the feeling that I found my thing.

Ofcourse you can debate the fact if you need one thing. Is it better with lot's of things that you like.
Having one thing sure is better for you stashbuilding..*s* Because now I am all over the place, but almost never have enough of one type of fabric for a whole quilt.

I have been reading the comments on my blog and loved all the nice messages and am very curious what you think about this.. let me know!


Oh right what have I been up to this week. I have been at the LQS and finished my Crazy Quilt for the shop. I made a bag with Weronica. It turned out to big, so I am going to make the pattern a bit smaller and make a new one.
I am working hard on a surprise for a friend, but since she reads my blog I can't tell you jet..but as soon as she gets it I will post some pictures.

Bye!

8 Comments:

Blogger Cher said...

that bag looks big enough to hold a project in-if you have lots of different types of fabric-put them all together into a wonderful scrappy quilt! The best scrap quilts contain a little bit of everything I think

3:37 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Barbara, this is a great question! I'm going to think about it and see if I can figure out what my "thing" is!!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

I love the bag! I don't know what my thing is either...mostly antique and scrap quilts are my favorites, with the reproduction color palette, so I guess that is my thing??

12:29 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

That's a good question, one I've thought about lately. I know what I like, but always get sidetracked from working on those things.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

My thing is to make quilts that can be used - quilts than can thrown into a washing machine and dryer - quilts that will be loved in an everyday sort-ov way and not gently folded away into some closet.

I like trying new techniques, new rulers and new patterns. I even like a large variety of fabrics. Well, actually that is why I like to make scrappy quilts - I get bored working with the same fabric over and over again, although I do those type of quilts sometimes too! I am discovering that fat quarter packs will give you enough variety to fill out a particular type of fabric you already have in your stash in order to give you variety for the quilt you want to make. You don't always need such big cuts of fabric to add a little spice to what you have.


The bag is cute, bye the way.

Cheers!

Evelyn

5:01 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Barbara, not sure what my "thing" is either. I guess I don't really have one thing that is my "trademark" or what people would think of when they think of me. I can think of things that are definitely NOT my "thing". Something I need to think about I suppose.

Judy L.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I've always liked traditional quilts but I've decided recently that my thing is scrap quilts.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

love the bag! and my thing? hmm, I like everything, from different techniques to all sorts of fabrics. But I guess I would be in my "get out your sunglasses" fabrics and doing things a bit "wonky". Drives my civil war reproductions, traditional loving friends crazy!

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home