Thursday, March 23, 2006

A top 25 challenge

Some time ago Evelyn asked us what our top 25 of quilts we wanted to make was. So I started thinking. I even looked at some WIP and stuff. The strange thing is that some quilts on my top 25 list I really want to make but they are very difficult and scare me a bit so I will wait untill I have a bit more experience.



My top 25..

1 A double Wedding Ring Quilt
2 Lone star quilt
3 My Dear Jane
4 The Rozequilt by Petra Prins ( I have that ready to start sewing that one)
5 Blessed this Union by Robyn Pandolph
6 The heart of the home by Robyn Pandolph
7 A seven sisters quilt with repro fabrics
8 A redwork quilt
9 A double wedding ring quilt by Judy Niemeyer
10 Drying in the breeze


My WIP's
1 A gift that has to be ready before september ( the person who gets it reads my blog so I can't tell you more :-))
2 My own quilt /own design
3 A Gardners Journal, I am at the embrodery stage (www.hatchedandpatched.com)
4 Home Sweet Home by BlackbirdDesign (applique)
5 Friendshipgarden by BlackbirdDesign (applique)
6 A small sewingbox
7 Spool quilt. (still looking for the right sashing)
8 Diamonds quilt
9 My Dear Jane ofcourse
10 Halloween quilt (applique)

To Quilt:
1 Lady of the lake
2 Teacup quilt
3 Double Irish chain
4 Kaleidoscoop quilt
5 Quilt with baskets
6 Log cabin quilt
7 Blended quilt
8 Baby quilt

Well I think that is about it. I wanted to post some pictures but blogger doens't want to upload any the last few days...sorry!

I have had some problems with my sewingmachine.. Today I will get a new sewing machine. I had trouble with the applique stitch, but only the applique stitch, so it was very strange. So I hope I will get some applique done one my WIPS.

Just a small question. What do you do with projects you have started some time ago and know now that you will never finish because you didn't like the technique or colour or...
I have a lot of stuff lying around, but it doens't feel right to trow away. What do you do?

Barbara

5 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I fyou lived in the states, there are people (& a few "organizations") who take orphan projects/blocks/fabric and use them to make charity projects...
Project Linus is one (as an organization I think they only want completed projects, but individuals who make projects might take cast offs...) Are there any similar Swedish charities?

Do you know any poor crafters?
Have you checked with local schools (Art teachers sometimes take this kind of stuff) or senior citizen centers....

1:54 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

It would be a shame to throw them away! Maybe you could contact a local church and see if they have any quilters there that make quilts for charity?

5:10 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Ask around...you never know who might be interested. If you can't find someone who is interested, ask at a preschool if you can leave it for one of the moms to take if they wish.

I am not opposed tossed the completed parts and adding the scraps to my stash, that is if I like the fabrics or can incorporate them.

Just this wk I sent LindaJ a box things that my mother had started to see what she might be able to do with them. If she can't invision a project, she is free to toss it all.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Barbara,
That's a lot! You better not start a new project til that stuff is done! (wink wink) LOL
Hugs
Laurie

12:57 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow, that is a great list! Dear Jane has to count as more than 1 quilt, it is such a big project!!!

Any senior centers in your area? The projects co-ordinator might be interested in your cast-offs.

I hope you enjoy your new sewing machine.

Cheers!

Evelyn

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home