Wednesday, March 08, 2006

My day at the exhibition


I had a great day Sunday at the exhibition and this is the fabric I bought.

I also bought a pattern for something called the rosegarden. It is a block made from old fashion paper pieces. Normally it are just hexagons or triangles but this block is made of triangles, hexagons, jewelshapes and diamonds.
I am a bit late with posting this blog, but I thought I might make a block to show you, but ofcourse I was a bit too optimistic about how much time a block would take.


I spent my Saturday with my friend Helena and we did some chatting and I read some of her quiltingbooks. In one of this books I saw a pattern of a bag that I just loved. So when I got home I got started at 20:00 and was finished at 0.30. So that was the bag that was aloud to come with me to the fair.

I have made quite a lot of bags these past few weeks, which is a bit strange because bags are not really my thing..but ..who cares...*s*

Oh BTW I have a question about blogg etiquette. Are you suposed to answer all the comments or not. Sometimes the entries aren't really a question. I sometimes answer when people leave a tip or something, but I don't reply to things as..great bag! Is that rude? what do you do?

3 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

If you spent all your time reading and answering comments you'd have no time for sewing! So I answer ones that ask a specific question and just accept the compliment of the others silently. I think that's about what most people do.

BTW, I love that bag and think I'll have to try one similar for myself.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

No, I'd just answer the ones that ask a specific question. I just answer them in the blog itself in my next entry.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wonderful bag! Bags are definately the "Spring" fashion statement - you see tons of them in the store windows in Graz right now. Ummm - I still like my diaper bag/backpack to lug all the baby gear (practical me - never know when you need a fresh pull-up or something!), but the little bags do look fun!

Re: blogging - I try to answer specific questions directly. If someone leaves me a nice comment - it makes me feel good, but I don't answer. I do try to leave lots of comments myself on other blogs too... because I really love getting comments, so I am sure everyone else does too!

Also - if I use a pattern/idea from someone else's blog - I always give them credit in the post and I also send them an e-mail to let them know to take a peek over on my blog to see my "spin" on their idea.

Cheers!

Evelyn

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home