Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A box in a weekend

You might wonder what I have been upp to this weekend... Well I made a box.
I have all kinds of handpiecing projects in the livingroom and I thought I would make a box for all of it so that it looks a bit more tidy. Also it is always a plus to know were things are...

I started on friday afternoon, together with my friend Helena and Weronica, who also wanted to make a box, but made very different ones.

The fabric dilemma:
You know when you have a fabric which is just beautifull. You know that you want to use it for something special, but don't know what. I had bought a fabric for making this box. I didn't think about using my special one because I was saving it for something special. But I dicided that the box was going to be special and there was no reasson to keep saving this fabric so I used my special fabric from Robert Kaufmann. I read the same kind of thoughts in an other blogg by Linda. So here it is in my special fabric! The size is approx: 16 inch by 10 inch by 10 inch.

This is the outside of the box:


When the box is open:


And the tray I made for holding my sissors and so on:


Well this took all weekend!

Hope you hade a great weekend as well!

Barbara

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He Barbara, ziet er goed uit zeg. Leuk idee. Je bent ook zo handig. ;-)

Groetjes,

Sacha

11:57 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

This is a great idea! Beautiful fabric too. I love the bag, and just wish I could be so productive! Hope you are well!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,

The box is great! I have an Ikea plastic box that I am using for the same purposes. But it has no tray and no fabric on it at all :(
Great and perfect job and just two day to make it !
What did you place uder the fabric? It looks perfect!

I am reading your blog from time to time.
I like you quilts and thougths, you are my age - almost:) - 28 1/2; and my father has visited Vasteras several times and showed me pictures. So you can see I do have reasons to like your blog and your creations :)

Ralitza

3:29 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

WOW, I want a box like that....

5:06 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Very nice! That will be perfect for your projects!

5:17 PM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

Your box is VERY lovely. Will you share some of your construction secrets?

5:30 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wonderful use of your special fabric. Wonderful box. Wonderful that you got to make your box with some friends.

Cheers!

Evelyn

7:04 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

What a beautiful box Barbara! You will get so much enjoyment out of using this!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Very pretty - it was worth using your *good* fabric.

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is just lovely- what a great way to showcase special fabric!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home