Wednesday, March 29, 2006

UFO's UFO's










This is a picture of a project I made a couple of months ago. it is a etui to hold needles, pins and sissors. It is made by Becky:http://www.willowhillquilts.com


Well I did get my mail last monday. The local union of postmen here in this area had refused to let there mailmen carry the propaganda and since they didn't have to they delived the mail and I got my magazine! In other parts of Sweden they didn't get mail but we did. There is now a big disscusion going on in Sweden about were they line goes between freedom of speach and insulting people.
There was even a cartoon in the propganda were black people were tossed into a old fashioned meatgrinder by a white hand and grinded meat was coming out. Well this story isn't over jet. The irritating thing is all the free pubicity this group is getting.

Some more upplifting news. I finished the top of my nr one ufo! I now have to save some money for the backside and batting and I can start quilting and get it ready.
I also sandwiched my halloweenquilt and am going to do some machine quilting on it today.
I have also been working on this DWR that I am making and boy am I regreting even trying this metod. It is both boring and not looking very good. ..

Well the prize in the end is that I can make some new quilts later...*s* I have been watching a lot of Quilters News Network the last couple of days and that is giving me a lot of inspiration. I also bought a new book of bronwyn hayes yesterday, but I first have to do some other embroderie.. This is a link to that I bought yesterday: http://www.honeysucklecottage.com.au/shop/product_info.php?cPath=60_282_177&products_id=2557

This is another book form her were you can see her style a bit more. I am working on this one too.
http://www.honeysucklecottage.com.au/shop/product_info.php?cPath=60_282_177&products_id=3433

Bye Barbara

6 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I wish those embroidery photos were easier too see - I think I saw a cute kitty - but I am not 100% sure... I ddi take a look on the map where the store is located - A bit too far for my trip.... (I'll be in Sydney in June.)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

what fun quilts...I really like these small projects you make Barbara...so sweet.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Barbara,
You've been busy! Keep it up!
Hugs
Laurie

12:29 AM  
Blogger Linda C said...

your etui is really cute and useful to boot!

4:43 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

It's hard working on a project that isn't fun.

I just finished two tops from braid strips that I was foundation piecing on muslin. I finally got so sick of them I just decided to use what I had and finish up rather than continue making them.

Instead of one larger quilt I'll end up with 2 smaller donation quilts so my efforts won't go to waste but I don't have to piece any more braids on that foundation.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Very cute etui :-)

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home