Tuesday, April 25, 2006

it was great!


Hi,

I have been back for a while now from the cottage and had a really great time. We had wonderful weather! We did some yardwork during the day, but the most of the day was spend sewing. I was even trying to stitch until the last sunlight until there was not enough light anymore! We had a great bench that we could put in the sun out of the wind..and just sit there in a t-shirt! I even got a bit of a tan in my face!

I have been trying to keep this vacation feeling alive here at home. But I have been quite busy. On Friday I had a stitchingday with the girls. We started to prepare freezerpaper templates for a applique wallhanging called Drying in the breeze you can see picture here
http://www.quiltmania.com/patchwork/magazine/quilt/article/Drying-in-the-Breeze/87/976/976.htm
I am sorry, you'll have to copie the link and paste it into your browser, I can't get the links to work...


Saturday I had my applique class. I had so much fun. I had a small group, 3 people. Normally the limit is 5, so they thought I was going to cancel and were so happy that I didn't that we had lot of fun! The all did good. They even started buying things for there next projects, like books and stuff.

Yesterday evening I had a Dear Jane meeting. It was a bit short but I STARTED MAKING BLOCK 50! I am so happy, I am finally feeling that I am getting somewhere. I am having a lot of fun with the blocks again.

Today I am going to a bee at the LQS. I think I am going to work on my Diamonds Quilt like you see on the picture at the top of the page.

I have also been reading blogs and there has been a lot of activity. I have been keeping my eye on Lucy's page. She has been waiting for her friend Bonnie to arrive. And Cathi has been piecing her Dear Jane together. That has really been a inspiration to start piecing my Dear Jane again.

Well that is all for today!

Barbara

6 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

That triangles quilt looks cool - are you following a pattern or just adding here & there as you see fit when you see fit?

3:25 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Hi Barbara :-) I am tagging you with a history tag. I hope you will have fun doing it - it is voluntary :-) Lovely quilt you are working on

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hej, I am Céline from France. I discovered your blog few days ago and I put it in my favorites. Happy to read from Sweden and to remember so nice moment spent in this country. I like so much the quilt on the pic. The colors are wonderful. Are they from Moda fabrics ???

8:34 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

I like the colors and fabrics in your diamonds quilt too! Is it for you or a gift?

8:32 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation so much. Sometimes it's really hard to come back, isn't it. Sounded like the perfect time to me - lots of time to sew.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great quilt you are working on there! Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing time away and now are once again, busy, busy.

Cheers!

Evelyn

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home