Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A block a day?



Today I made some cards for a Afternoon Tea Party I am having in June. We are going to be some sewingfriends who meet. I had this 2 years ago and it was so much fun. Last year I was moving house..so I skipped a year. I found this great project to make during the party. It is kinda Victorian, with loads of beads, silkembrodery and charms. I can tell you more since some read my blog, and it is going to be a surprise..

Well I have been thinking a lott about my quilttops that need quilting. So I am thinking about doing a block a day for while. Don't know if I can keep it up, but a bad plan is better than no plan...:-))

These thoughts came now because I am on my way to finishing my diamonds quilttop. I want to handquilt this one, but I already have some other quilts in my frame. I keep having this problem. I mostly take out the project in the frame because I can't wait to be able to start my new quilting project...hence...nothing gets finished. I am going to give this a try. So ...I am on my way to quilt after posting this.

Barbara

4 Comments:

Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I think A Block A Day is a good plan - at least worth giving a fair chance! You will be happy to finish some of that quilting!!! Love your cards - sounds like fun, a Tea Party!

Cheers!

Evelyn

12:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A block a day is good. I try for one thread (about 2 1/2 yards)in the morning. And whatever in the evening if I watch TV. My goal is 3 threads a day. Which is about a block. I stop and quilt more if I think about it in threads. I'm good at starting to quilt a quilt but not at finishing.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

good luck with your plan-and your tea party sounds very fun! I like to hand quilt without a frame-but only hand quilt once in a great while. I usually machine quilt all my quilts.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

How lovely cards you have made :-)

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home