Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bree Anna


Hi!,

Yesterday I made Bree Anna...isn't she cute? I found her in an Australian Patchwork magazine. She was very country style there, so I made some small changes and here she is. She even has her own purse and pearl necklace. It is the first doll I ever made and I must say am very happy with her. She is about 20 inches, and her lower body is filled with sand so that she can stand on her own.


The quilting of a block a day is working quite well. I have some blocks done. I do it when I have time. I don't force myself to do it...it is still a hobby right?

I also have started knitting again. My friend Weronica made a scarf on size 20 pens and looked lovely. So I made that last weekend. I was so hooked that I started another one. This one is being knitted on a round knittingpen. That is a first for me too.

At the moment I am hand applique'ing a small wall hanging with a little lady making tea...as it grows on trees as we all know. I added a small black and white scan..since I don't have a camera ...but I will soon. I am making mine in Ruhbarb and Gingers fabrics from Blackbrid Design. The design is made by Anni Downs from Hatched and patched in australia. One of my favorite designers.



Well Summer has hit Sweden and I am most of the time in the garden..hope you are having a wonderfull summer too!

Barbara

9 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

pretty doll, love the hair!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

adorable! too cute for words!
hugs
laurie

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A so lovely doll !!! And the wallhanging... I love it !!!!!! i am waiting for a color picture ;) céline

5:05 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Sounds like you are a busy bee, even with all the gardening! As long as you don't hate it, it is definately a hobby! :)

5:39 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Cute doll and cheerful stitchery :-)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

what a very sweet doll! really like it- enjoy the knitting, it is so relaxing...and the stitchery is so sweet too.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Isn't that adorable?! You have been a busy girl with all your various endeavors.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Barbara, your doll is wonderful! I love the torn strips that you used for her hair. She looks very "Country Summer" in her pinks and greens, and all dressed up with her pearls and purse. How neat that she will stand up on her own. I used to make dolls years ago - it's lots of fun, don't you think? Each one has their own distinct personality. Your little wall hanging is so cute. I would love to make one like that. Is it a pattern or in an Australian quilting magazine?

8:22 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Your doll is so cute!! I've never made a doll so I'm quite impressed.

Isn't knitting fun? I haven't touched it in years and years but I keep wanting to try it again. I know not to try it til I'm ready to be hooked on another hobby so for now, I'll try not to knit! :)

Judy L.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home