Sunday, November 12, 2006

An Angel

Hi!

This weekend I had a visit of my friend Lisen that I taught how to do patchwork some months ago. She came to me with all the blocks sewn together and with some quilting done. She finished the quilting and I showed her how to do the binding. Doesn't the quilt look great? She is off now to do the final stitching of the binding by hand and then she is finished!


While she was sewing I made this cute angel. It is also a Tilda design again. This was a kit with all the fabrics and everything in it for 2 angels. Mine is pink with white pants and I will send the rest of to Cathi so she can make a white angel with pink pants. The angel was so much fun to make! The jackets etc. are made out of a very thick wool, so you didn't have to worry about fraying or making hems,..perfect!



It took one afternoon and evening to make, so today I started on my HST for my Ocean Waves quilt. Even my Sweet DH helped me by drawing diagonal lines... he is a keeper!


I must say that these slippers and making angels have gotten me in a Christmas mood. Tonight I am taking a night off from quilting and going to read some of the magazines, that have been dropping in the mailbox full with Christmas inspiration.

See you later!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Hanne said...

Cute Tilda angel :-)

5:57 PM  
Blogger MARCIE said...

Looks like you friendwill be "infected" with the quilt bug like the rest of us! Your angel is adorable! Love that wool!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh Barbara, I adore you angel!!! And her clothes are wool...just wonderful!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Your angel looks great. Also the quilt from your friend is beautifull.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love your angel. She is just the cutest little thing. Your friend did a great job on her quilt! Good for you for spreading the quilt bug. Your husband is a keeper and a cutie. How nice that he would help you.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

The angel is adorable! Congrats to your friend for completing her project. I remember that your husband has helped you with some of the quilting process before--how wonderful that he can be a part of your projects.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

A good student had a great teacher along the way, congrats to both of you....and yes, I would say your husband is a keeper, look at him helping out!

1:36 AM  
Blogger May Britt said...

The angel is so cute. I have all of Tilda's books. And this reminds me of a kit with one of Tildes santa's I got from a friend. I think I have to look for it and make it for christmas. Perhaps that will give me the christmas mood.
The quilt Lisen has made is beautiful. I hope she is hocked on quilting now.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! My husband will help with layout and colour ideas, but would never draw the lines! I like your angel. You must be a great teacher because your friend's quilt is beautiful.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is so much fun when your DH helps out! My DH often washes & presses my fabrics for me, also will draw the lines and likes to help rubber stamp cards. We have spent many happy evenings working together on things.

Cheers!

Evelyn

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home