Saturday, October 21, 2006

Meeting and bought a witch

Hi!

This morning I went to a get-together from our local quilt-guilds here in the area. We were about 40 people.















You could choose out of 3 projects to make for Christmas, and later that day they were going to have a big meeting, to talk about quilting in our region and so on.











Weronica made a star and got it almost finished when we left at lunch-time.









We saw this really nice bag that Karin made:



We left early to go to the opening of our friend Lena's exhibition. She does a lot of different things, but now mostly dolls, paintings and things with wool. Here are some of her things:

I can fly:


A Christmas girl doll, very Swedish


A witch,



This serie of 3 "paintings" made of wool:



My favorite was this witch, she looks very nice and old on her broom...and hangs from a string...


and when she turns around:



and now she is mine! I bought her, I will be able to really hang her somewhere when the exhibition is over. I think I am going to hang her in the window...so she can look sweet and nice to us...and moon the neighbor's who are nosy and always try to look in.....*lol*

bye for now!

11 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Oh Barbara, I'm ROFL over your witch...sounds like an excellent idea! :D

9:37 PM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love your witch and laughed my head off when I read your comment about "mooning" the neighbours!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Those 3 wool flower paintings are wonderful!

12:45 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

She looks like a very Cheeky witch! bet she gets cold when the wind blows... lol

9:46 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Love your sense of humor! What a fun showing to attend.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's quite a witch! LOL!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Melzie said...

Shoooo its a full moon out tonight :) xoxo melzie

12:20 AM  
Blogger bingo~bonnie said...

oh my that witch's behind looks so "for REAL" :c) Cute! Your neighbors are in for a trick instead of a treat! LOL ~Bonnie

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the witch. Thanks for the giggle!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

That witch is so funny. You'll have to let us know your neighbor's reaction!

1:49 AM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

I love your little witch!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home