Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sharing magazine tip...






Hi!

There are not that much crafty things going on in my house at the moment. I did however get all the cards, drawings and other things like concert tickets, movie stubs glued into my fast scrapbooking album. Yes, I know, I save a lot of those things, but I like to. I think about all the things you will have later when people are not here anymore, it is strange but I like it. I have 2 albums, one for just the cards and things, they get clued in fast..nothing more. Then I have more of a scrapbooking fotoalbum where I put more work into the scrapbooking itself.

I had a magazine reorganisation yesterday as well, after reading a tip I read in Country Living Magazine some time ago, that I found really good, and decided that I would reorganize when I needed it, and that was now, so I am going to share it with you:
I had all my decorating and living magazines sorted by kind, so all the Country Living ones together, Good Homes together..
The tip is: sort your magazines by month. So mix all the different kinds of magazines together so you can get them out by month. I thought it sounded a bit strange in the beginning, but it makes sense, because: when I get my magazines out to look for something, I am looking for : Christmas decorations, spring planting tips and summer menu suggestions.
So now all my magazines are sorted by month, and I have just taken December out for some Christmas inspiration. I think I will flip through my saved magazines a lot more now, since I don't have to go through all of them when I am looking for something. Hope this helps you too..or you might even be doing it already!




On a craftynote: I finished DH hat:



Well that is all for today!....

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger May Britt said...

It makes sence to sort the magazines like this. Have never thought about it. But now when I am looking for christmas inspiration I have to look throug all my different magazines. I think I will copy this when I tidy up my sewingroom for christmas.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a box for my cards and stick photos in my journal, but don't scrapbook as such. The magazine tip is great, thanks.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Thanks for the tip on magazines, Barbara. I may have to give that a try. I already have most of my Dec. issues together, but it would be great to do the rest of them. The hat looks wonderful. Is it knit or crochet?
Angie
www.threadcatcher.blogspot.com

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the tip about how to sort magazines are very good. I think I will take it on...

4:31 PM  
Blogger Tracey in CT said...

That hint about the magazines is so logical, and I never even thought to do them that way!

I like the hat, are you knitting or are you using the knifty knitter?
I only ask because I've gotten hooked on the knifty knitter lately and it looks like the hats I've done!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

That magazine tip does make sense, now that you've put it that way! Thanks for passing that along.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Forgetmenot said...

I started doing that with my gardening magazines - it makes a lot of sense for craft magazines too.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

great idea storing your magazines that way.

By the way, your banner looks great.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

It makes perfect sense so why didn't we all consider it rather than lumping them by year or publisher?

2:23 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

I see we are all loving your magazine tip-thanks for sharing! love the knitted hat too.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home