Thursday, August 24, 2006

Back from Holliday!

Hi!

I am back from my holliday, and boy did I miss my sewingroom. We came home a couple of days earlier then planned because of the bad weather. Since we have no electricity in the cottage, there are no lamps just candle light, therefore it is hard to do something in the evening. DH is a bit sad...he wanted to play golf on his holliday and was only able to get out once, due to all the rain. We were also planning to do some painting, but didn't get any further that sanding and the first basic coate of paint, but it already looks much better...

Then:



Now:



This is me sitting outside, quilting my kaleidoscoop quilt, on the only day without rain!



I finished quilting the whole quilt and have stitched on the binding last night. I am going to do the label embroidery today and then it is done!
Also going to sew on a sampler quilt I am making for a miniclass I am giving to some family and friends here in Sweden next week. They live in another city and there are no classes there, but the wanted to learn so...

Bye for now!

13 Comments:

Blogger May Britt said...

Welcome back from your holiday. Seems like a nice cabin you got. My holiday was also a rainy one, but I had electricity and was able to do a lot of sewing indoors.
May we see a picture of your kaleidoskop quilt please.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I like going away, but I always love coming back home! I too miss my things when I am away, but always pack at least 1 project. Sorry to hear that your weather wasn't the best - I had to completely cancel one trip this year due to bad weather.

Cheers!

Evelyn

12:29 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Sorry the weather didn't work out for your holiday, but I'm sure just the time away allowed you to relax and recharge.
I love coming home, but I hate the unpacking.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Sorry that the weather didn't cooperate with your holiday-it looks like you have a lovely spot for your cabin.

2:00 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Nice cottage. Too bad about the rain...

2:15 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

too bad it rained so much on your holidays, but that's how it goes sometimes. :-)

2:29 PM  
Blogger Melzie said...

I am sorry for the rain but wow its beautiful there! :) xoxo melzie

2:49 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

So sorry your weather wasn't cooperative. Know just what you mean. My parents had a cabin without electricity when we were growing up. Two propane lanterns didn't give off enough light after dark to do hardly anything. And when it rained and we were stuck inside we played a lot of games - fun, but it got old after a couple days.

Please show us a picture now that the quilt is finished!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Sorry that the weatherman couldn't deliver a better forecast and outcomes for your trip. Your cottage looks so sweet and the paint job freshened it up. Still, you didn't want to just work the whole time.

Picture of the quilt is coming, I hope?

4:58 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Oh, Barbara, the cottage is charming!
Jeanne

5:50 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

What a great place! A coat of paint really does make a difference, doesn't it? Congratulations on finishing the quilting! You need a couple of double-mantle propane lanterns in the cabin. Not only do they light well, they warm things up, too. =)

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful cottage you have. It must be very relaxing. Sorry about the rain.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Hello Barbara! I wanted to say hello and I love reading your blog. The cottage looks like a dream! Also seeing you sitting outside quilting looked perfect. Sorry there was so much rain. Fall has arrived early in parts of Europe this year.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home