Saturday, August 05, 2006

It has been a while

I am not blogging as much as I would want to, because I bought this great, expensive camera to make photo's with and it is not working!! I have been talking to a "support department" for more then a week now, they make me download stuff and nothing seems to anything more then screw up my normal features and computer files. Once the whole computer stopped working. Is that support or not??

So since I have made loads of new pictures on the new camera and can't get them out, there is not much to show.

I finished the box and it turned out great. I even liked it...and I am my own worst critic.

I am working on finishing some things before we go to the cabin next week, so I can do the handsewing there (since we have no electricity I don't have my normal machine)
So this is on the list:
I am making some bags made upp of small pieces, so cutting out all the pieces and but them together so I can quilt it, and finish the bags when I come home.
Preparing Dear Jane blocks, of the nice fabrics I showed you last week.
Making a Crazy Quilt quiltblock
Machinequilt the surprise quilt so I can handsew the binding on.

Some of you asked me about my Dear Jane, well I have some photo's, so when the camera is working I will post those pictures too...

AND THE WINNER IS:

The winner of the contest is Su Bee with this story:
We have a HUGE ladies room at the clinic where I work - designed for wheelchair access and plenty big enough to layer a queen sized quilt. LOL -- it was clean, and I didn't have any other room large enough!

Su if you are reading this, of you know Su Bee, let me know your details so I can send you something!



Well, gotta sew...

9 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

I HATE tech support! They're rarely hepful and that's AFTER having to wait on hold forever or going thru layers and layers of punching buttons before you get a human to even come on the line. The "help desk" we have at work can rarely tell you right away what to do and almost always has to consult someone else and call you back. Which is why I call them the "helpless desk". LOL!

I hope you find someone soon who can fix your problem and not screw your computer settings up even worse.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

I think any one who has ever had to deal with tech support is "feelng your pain", Barbara. All those pretty pictures and you cannot retrieve them. That's worse than not being able to upload on blogger's prima donna software!

Makes me wonder what camera company is giving you such fits too and want to run in the opposite direction!

1:50 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

I'm thankful my tech support is in the form of my DS so he's actually here and works on it and sees what happens. When he's not avaialbe I often pack up the whole problem and hte computer and walk into a local computer shop... I'd rather pay and have it fixed now and right!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Susan H. said...

We call tech support the "hope" desk. We "hope" they answer the phone; we "hope" they can fix the problem in less that 2 weeks; we "hope" they have an answer without having to sent the problem to development.....

3:12 PM  
Blogger Kim West said...

Have you tried using picassa? I use that program to import my pictures - I don't even bother with my camera's software. It also has a "blogger" button so you can upload to blogger. I hope you get it figured out soon!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

How awful to have a new fangled toy and not be able to use it. Hope you get it all fixed up and better soon.

6:35 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

I can't wait to see the finished box you made. The pieces in the picture you showed in your last post are great!

I've made a fabric bowl, do they go together like that?

6:37 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

It sure is difficult when Support is no support at all. Keep trying though - there has to be a solution. And we all want to see your pictures!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Technology is great as long as it's working, and very frustrating when it isn't! I look forward to seeing your pictures, especially the CQ.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home