Thursday, July 27, 2006

Baby quilts

Hi!

I been away this weekend to our cottage, and had some great weather. The cottage is located in the area were I grew up in Sweden. My dad was there with his girlfriend for a 3 week vacation, so it was nice to see him and her since they live in Holland. I had the ribbonwork book with me so I tested making some flowers and I had a lot of fun!

My friend Erika came with us from were I used to live to were we live now and we spend 2,5 days together. She is going to be a godmother in August and asked me if I wanted to go shopping with her for a present. Buy a present?? Doesn't every baby deserve its own quilt?? So on Monday afternoon we started making a baby quilt. I used 2 charmpacks that I order from Fatquatershop a long time ago. I quilted it with stars. It was finished, washed and dry, just before she was going to leave..;-)) I had no batteries in my camera to take a picture, so I thought I would post some old baby quilt/children's quilt pictures. I have made a picture of the quilt "the old" way. *s*





Yesterday I was at the LQS and we decided what classes I am going to give this autumn. So I am going to give some new classes which is fun! Now I am going to make some class-samples. So I will teach: The Crazy Quilt Box, How to make your own pattern for handpiecingquilts: like my diamondsquilt. In this last class they will learn how to draw a pattern, mark and prepare the pieces, and handpiecing over several days.
I am going to take a class in Holland in September of Japanese Applique, which I will teach here later if it is a good technique. Ofcourse I will teach my normal classes like: Handquilting Amish style, hand and machine applique if people want me too. I had these classes the last 3 seasons so most people know this now.

Well, I am off to make a new CQbox for the shop..

Hope you have a great sewingday too!

5 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

how did your ribbon flowers turn out? I was never able to keep my stitches loose enough....

1:57 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Sounds like you had a great time with family and friends. Too bad about the batteries not being available when you need them but the pieces you showed us in the post are adorable.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

That is an adorable quilt and an adorable girl. I look forward to seeing the picture of your latest quilt when your batteries are fresh. Did your friend make or help make the quilt, or did you make it by yourself?

2:57 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

hope the class samples work out well...

5:15 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

What fun to sew with your friend. I'm amazed how quickly things go together when you work with someone. My Mom and I got a lot done this last two weeks when I was staying with her.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home