Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Crazy Quilt Box

 
 

Hi!

Here are 2 photo's of my Crazy Quilt Box front and back. I am almost done with it but thought I would allready share it with you. I ran out of the red strip of cord that is on the sides, which should also go on the lid of the box. I had a piece left but it was missing 2 inches to complete it....Isn't that ironic...somehow that is what seems to happen a lott of the times! So going to the store today to buy some more!

Yesterday I bought a great book that I thought I would share with you. It is called Ribbonwork The complete Guide by Helen Gib. I haven't read all of it yet but ..wow.. It has great pictures of antique ribbonwork...techniques in detail and some great projects. I am totally in love with it. So when I bought the book I bought some more ribbon too, so I am all ready to go! This book has really inspired me.
Here is a link to her website:
http://www.helengibb.com/welcome.html
And this is a link to the book I bought http://www.helengibb.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=hg&Product_Code=107&Category_Code=100


This weekend we are going to our Cottage, so I am going to try to prepaire a little piece of patchwork to do some ribbonwork on.

We are all ready to go for our Crazy Quilt RR so that is what I will be sending out today...! Then we can get started...:-)) Posted by Picasa

14 Comments:

Blogger Hanne said...

What a cute box Barbara.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

I've never seen a box like that, how neat.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I've never seen a box like that either - it has a really neat shape. And, you sure have put alot of work into each panel. Sorry to hear that you were 2" short of fabric - that can sometimes bog you down a bit.

Enjoy your time up at the camp.

Cheers!

Evelyn

1:00 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

I've done CQ and I make boxes, never thought of the two together.... Thanks for the inspiration

3:53 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

That is a beautiful box. I really like the red, and the torso. You are going to think of something really special to put in the box.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

You do such wonderful work, Barbara. Too bad about the trim shortage but you will work that out, I'm sure.

4:07 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

I think the box is really pretty - it'd make a nice gift for people hard to think of presents for!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Wow what a beautifull box that is.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Your box is just beautiful. Would love to make some thing like that one day.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I think ribbon embroidery is very pretty but I've never tried any myself.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That box is gorgeous! Hope you find what you need to finish it.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Hi Barbara, what a cute box...I love the look and the shape of it!!

Not sure if I posted a comment or not, but I absolutely LOVE what you did with your sewing space! It looks like a whole new room, very fresh and clean and pleasant...great job!!!

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

12:36 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Love your box - the shape and the color and the embellishments.

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home