Sunday, August 27, 2006

A scrapquilt in a day

Hi,

Yesterday I made this scrapquilt of my scraps and think it looks really nice! I am so happy that I finally found something to do with the scraps and now have more room for new scraps again..!




On Thursday I made this sampler for a class that I will be having next weekend. It is a small class for a friend and my MIL. But it is going to be a lott of fun! I have taken time on how long it takes to finish it, so I hope they will be able to do it in a weekend. I have tried to get all elements in. First Irish Chain for the strip piecing technique. Second logcabin blocks to learn the paperpiecing technique. Third Applique by machine. Forth a block called beginners delight to learn HStriangles. I made it from my reproduction scraps.


As I wrote last week I finished my kaleidoscope quilt...or stack and wack-quilt. I quilted it by hand...here are some pics:





Today I have been quilting the surprise quilt, nr one on my to-do-list, so only the binding left. I am so looking forward to showing you it, but you'll have to wait a bit longer! But I was aloud to borrow my friends Helena's machine. Her machine has an extra large space for the "arm of the machine" so it gives you more space to turn the quilt.
But she also had a really nice present for me...a nice sewingbox..


So you can see I had a great weekend!

Bye!

20 Comments:

Blogger Hedgehog said...

I just love the fabrics in your stack and wack! Have fun with your class!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Oh, I especially like that stack and wack, the fabrics are great and it looks wonderful.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

An excellent use of scraps. I also enjoyed your stack'n whack!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

What interesting and varied projects you are showing in your post, Barbara! The S & W is my fav though.

8:57 PM  
Blogger May Britt said...

What a great idea to use scraps. And it turned out very beautiful. Fast, easy and beautiful.
I am curios about your mysteryquilt

9:09 PM  
Blogger May Britt said...

What a great idea to use scraps. And it turned out very beautiful. Fast, easy and beautiful.
I am curios about your mysteryquilt

9:09 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

your kaleidioscope is wonderful! Very elegant...

10:50 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

I like your scrap quilt, but I really like the stack and whack. The quilting gives it so much texture!
That sewing box is cute, you're lucky to have such nice friends.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

What a fun sewing box! You have a good friend. The quilt class might be small, but I bet you have lots of fun. The SNW looks great. I see some of the leftovers in the scrappy quilt, too!

1:24 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Wow you are making a lot of good progress. What is the name of the machine that has extra room in the arm? Please let us know if you had enough extra room.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Hi Barabara,

You made a great scrapquilt and a very good sampler !! They learn so much from you this weekend :-) .
I am back home a try to catch up a few blogs before teh children are awake..

You r vacation in the house looks fabulous. I love the old house and the picture with you sitting in the front with yoru quiltwork on your lap

a few weeks left and you are here :-)

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kalidescope quilt is beautiful and what a cute box.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

great quilts and way to use up your scraps on your scrappy quilt!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love especially your kaleidoscope quilt with beautiful fabrics, magnifique !

5:05 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Love the little sewing box. And what a great scrap quilt! I've heard that called a "lasagna quilt". I think that's a perfect name for it, don't you think? It's a great way to use up your scraps.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Ati said...

Hallo, dit is de eerste keer dat ik je blog vind. Wat een mooie kaleidoscoop quilt, zó warm!
Dat mooie doosje wat je gemaakt heb, heb ik van mijn moeder van oude ansichtkaarten. Wat een idee om dat in CQ te maken. Dank je wel voor het delen van deze mooie dingen.
Hollandse Ati in Noorwegen.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I'm not a big fan of Stack and Whack quilts but yours is very pretty, I really like the colors and the fabric you chose worked well.

12:48 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Nice to be able to finish something in a day! I really like the sampler you're doing in the reproduction fabrics too.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

I love your strippy scrap quilt! Great use of those strips. Your stack & whack is awesome . . and you hand quilted it!! I'm impressed.

Judy L.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice scrapquilt, funny, I am swedish but live in Los Angeles, my daughter spent 4 years studying in Utrecht, Holland

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home