Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dream Bag update

Hi!

Thank you for all your compliments!

I am getting a lott of emails about the hexagon-snap. I assumed everybody knew what it was since I am usually the last person to do something new..so here is an explanation:

The hexagon-snap are 2 stealrods that you sew into your purse by sewing a small tunnel. You then insert the self piloting rivets. The rods are made from a material that can bend. So when you have constructed the snap, and you open the bag, it will stand open on its own looking like a hexagon. When you push them together they will resume the old form of 2 stealrods and the bag is closed. The same technique is used in eyewear cases and so on, but because they are so small, the just bend and do not turn into a hexagon.




I feel a " where did you buy them??" question dropping into my mailbox soon so...
You can buy the snaps and all other supplies for bags at Joggles . I really like Joggles very much and the have a first class service. If you have a question or anything like that you get a good and fast answer from Barbara who works there the same day. Great shop! ( no affiliation...bla bla bla..)

If you are going to make a simular bag...please send me a picture..I would love to see it.

Barbara

3 Comments:

Blogger Cher said...

clever girl to know where to buy would surely be asked as soon as this post was read! great idea for a self closing bag!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love your bag. Thanks for sharing the hexagon snap details. I will be looking to this idea for the future.

6:55 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

That's a cute bag, and a novel way to close it! I hate bags that don't close tightly, because I'm always tossing them on the car seat and stuff spills out. This looks like a different way to close it than putting in a zipper!

Would you say this is easier or more difficult than a zipper installation?

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home