Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Great Weekend

Hi!

I am back from a really nice weekend teaching the sampler. We had a lott of fun. It was a bit cramped but it worked out well. They did great work. Both liking different things and have trouble with different things. It was very educational to see.

Here is a picture of them working:



This is the result from my friend Liselott, My MIL is very shy and didn't want me to take a picture of there things...Which was a shame!

Doesn't it look great??!!

I have been knitting the last week. Trying different things and starting over again. But now I have found the one I like best and have almost come half way. It is not a scarf but more a shawl. It is made of wool and a new kind of yarn, that is more like a silk ribbon in the different colors:

The first try and close-up:




The second try:



And we have a winner:


So I am knitting hard to get the shawl ready before I leave in 2 weeks on vacation.

I am also quilting my scrapquilt that I am going to give to a friend in Holland. I am using one of my fancy stitches since the quilt is quite plain.


Also you asked me about the sewingmachine with extra room between the arm and the quilt:
It is a Janome machine I borrowed it from a friend. This is the machine I have


At the moment I am having a bit of a hard time finding things to blog about, because I am going on a vacation home in 2 weeks, and I am making presents right now. But since my family and friends also check my blog it is a bit hard to take pictures and still keep the surprise ...*lol*
So I hope you can be a bit patient with me the next 2 weeks and I will have a MEGAUPLOAD before I leave!

Hugs Barbara!

8 Comments:

Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Amazing how your sampler looks so different than your friends, just by the choice of colors! Both versions look very nice!

Love your shawl that you are knitting - sometimes it takes me a few tries to like something too.

Keep your secrets!!! We all will enjoy seeing what you've been up to after you present your gifts!

Cheers!

Evelyn

1:40 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

hope you're able to get all the presents done before your vacation... and we'll wait to see them no worries :-)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

good luck getting everything ready, then have a wonderful visit and vacation.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

Can't wait to see those gifts. Good luck finishing them up and safe travels.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Your blog has a lot of info in it than many of my posts!
Those quilt blocks look great. You are a great teacher. Looks like a lot of different techniques. I really like the heart, even though I don't like doing applique, I like looking at it.
You've gotten a lot done with the knitting. The fancy stitching on the scrap quilt looks great. You've been really busy. With just the things you mentioned on the post, and even busier with the secret gifts.
Thanks for the info about the Janome machine. I'm going to have to put that on my wish list.
I hope you have a great vacation.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

The blocks turned out well and I am sure you had fun working with the girls.

Good job on that knitting! The yarn looks very attractive.

1:55 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I like the blocks and the shawl. I'm doing some knitting these days too. I finished a scarf on my trip to Seattle and I brought a baby afghan I was working on to my Mom's and finished that last night too! Knitting makes a great travel project.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Susan H. said...

I love your scrappy quilt. The fancy stitching on it will make it really special for your friend. She is lucky to have a friend such as you.

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home