Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dream Bag


Hi!

I just finished my bag...and I am so happy with it! It really is my dream bag. I didn't have a pattern or anything, I just knew what I wanted and started making it. I put in loads of pockets inside, that is something I really needed.

I have been dreaming of one bag that would fit every outfit and was big enough to carry all my junk, but not so big that I couldn't use it everyday. I made it of small pieces of favorite fabric. The are cut in a thimble shape. I used ones that were a bit pail "dirty" in their color. I made the bag to look a bit old and oversized...the pleads and puckers are meant to be there..

On the inside it has on one side, 2 pockets with zippers...one big one and a smaller one. One the other side there is one more big pocket with a zipper and a some smaller pockets without zippers for my mobile, wallet ....


It has a 14" hexagon-snap. I really liked the snap, because that means that the bag really is closed, and you don't have to worry about pickpockets and so on...

I am now looking for a good pattern for a little pouch (like a small make-up bag) for putting my handsewing in. Have a good link to a free pattern??..please let me know..



We also had a raffle last week at my Local quilt guild. This was first price. One of my husbands college's won a smaller quilt...

Well, I am on my way soon to the big sale at the LQS...!

Barbara

14 Comments:

Blogger Hedgehog said...

What a great bag! Not sure what the hexagon snap is - can you explain?

11:32 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

Love the bag and, wow!, that quilt is huge!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Great bag-I've been trying to plan one with lots of pockets, too. Looks like you did a great job.

12:47 PM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, the bag is so pretty and the hexagon-snap closure makes it soooo functional. Will have to look around for one of those.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the hexagon snap. Is there someplace we could see a photo of it? I really like all the pockets-better that than having bigger and bigger bags.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I'm so proud of you for designing your own bag. It is lovely, and looks like it will fit your needs perfectly.
That raffle quilt is huge! It is very pretty, but I don't think my house is big enough for it.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Melzie said...

That is awesome you did great! I want one LOL ;) xoxo melzie

2:30 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

wonderful bag! Looks like there's lots of cubby holes for all the "stuff" without it all being in a jumble at the bottom of the bag :-)

2:37 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Love the purse Barbara! You could design a pattern if you'd like - you did a wonderful job. Love the puckery look at the top and all the pockets. "Tumbler" is a great patchwork design for something like this. You will be so organized!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the bag, could you show us the hexagon closure, I've never heard of one, but I'm intrigued

4:19 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

How pretty, Barbara--and so is the quilt you showed!

1:17 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I love log cabin quilts - this one is very pretty.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful bag!!!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Hanne said...

I really like your bag :-)

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home