Tuesday, October 10, 2006

What a great trip!!



Hi Everybody!

Well, I am back from my 2 week vacation. I had so much fun! I have seen so much and done so much in these 2 weeks! The first week in Holland I was with my friends Weronica and Helena from Sweden. My father moved in with his girlfriend for 2 weeks so I could use his house..it was perfect! To thank him we made him 2 pillows for on his red sofa:


Since we are all quilters it was mostly a quilting trip. I bought a lott of fabric for new projects..and this is what a bought..plus some books and magazines:


I think I wrote about a spoolquilt I am making and I was looking for the perfect sashing and found it at Petra Prins. There are a little more then 260 spools and they are made out of my reproduction scraps, I think the grey,blue will look good:


I also saw a small picture once in a magazine of a quilt that I loved. It was made in red and white and I redrew the pattern and bought the fabric at Petra Prins. I will be making the quilt by hand:


I had seen this pattern in the Quiltmania and loved it. I saw these fabrics at Petra Prins made by Yoko Sato and knew that his was going to be another project:



The internet shop joggles has some great online classes and I registered for a crazy quilting class and I started to collect some fabrics. I made a colourcard before I left and took it with me to get the same look as I have imagined instead of just buying fabric. I want the quilt to be blue/ turquoise and brown and are bought mostly at Petra Prins again!. Here are the fabrics, beads and lace I bought:


On Tuesday we went to see Lucy and had a great day. We went to the shop were she works and met there. It was a great shop and had great quilts hanging everywhere. I fell in love with this quilt:

I bought the book, but don't know when I will start this one...looks a bit tricky huh?..well I am sure that as soon as I start it will work out great...*s*
When we came to her house she learned us how to make her starquilt:


So I have bought some fabrics to make my own. It is going to be a blue and brown one..a bit reproduction inspired and again bought at Petra Prins. On the top you can see my testability..And the big piece of fabric on the bottom of the pile will be my background:


We had a great time at Lucas and meeting her lovely family and her not only handsome husband but great cook too!

Enough retail therapy for now! I will write soon again and show you some more pictures of what we did and saw...Because we did just a bit more then just shopping...Even if it doesn't look like it now...*s*

bye for now...Going to start my red quilt!

11 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

You certainly know how to shop! Those are wonderful fabrics, and your projects are going to make such nice quilts. It sounds like you had a very good visit, please be sure to show us those projects as you move along.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you scored some great fabrics! It sounds like you had a great time catching up with friends. I'm looking forward to seeing some of that fabric turned into your projects.

1:43 PM  
Blogger May Britt said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Beautiful fabrics you have bought.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

What a great shopping trip - you bought some lovely reproduction fabrics...

4:01 PM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

Wow! I wish I went shopping with you! Lovely fabrics for some lovely quilts! Be sure to keep us posted on your progress.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Sounds like a great time! Looks like you have some fantastic projects to get started on. Makes me want to go home and quilt!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

Wow what a trip!

9:48 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

You sure found some great fabric! And some pretty quilts too - that sunburst one with all the circles and points is lovely.

2:42 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Busy girl you are! Sounds like you had a great trip with lots of girlfriend time. How fun for you.

It sounds like you are going to have to give up sleeping to get those projects done, so get busy!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful getaway!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Sounds like you had a good time. The fabrics all look great and I can't wait to see the quilts they become.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home