Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Vintage/ old budget finds

Hi!

Saturday I gave a CrazyQuilt lesson at the LQS, and it was a success, 2 of the girls are now hooked, and the the others liked it too. I was planning to take some pics, but when I got the camera out I had no batteries left :-((
W are re-doing our living room. We now have a sofa there that I have had for a long time. I had it when I was living in a small apartment and it was used as a pullout bed as well. My DH and I had been looking for a nice sofa for a while, but couldn't really agree on one, but now we found one. It is a beige one, with big pillows in a tweed kind of woven fabric.
I am now planning to redo the whole living room at once, and to do this on a budget, at bit like how I did my sewing room make-over. I found some great things for a bargain. I found this fabric. The light blue is going to be our curtains. I liked it a while ago when I saw it, and thought I would buy it someday. So I went back to the store to buy it and found out that the fabric was not 1.40 m wide for 19 euros but 2.80 m wide. It was folded in half on these big roles. So that meant I could buy half of the yardage I thought I would need...*s*. And the other fabric had a little error somewhere. We saw it when we were measuring it, so I got that 50% off, and I didn't have to use that part..
Last Friday I found this old footstool that I redid in a very modern fabric in blue and yellow. (the pic looks more gold but that is because I used a flash.
The Old footstool:
The footstool is hollow and has a tray inside as well:
This is how it looks now:
We also found this old cabinet. It will fit our TV on the top...our DVD and video player and our stereo inside, plus all our videos and DVD movies. So we will be getting rid of a lot of clutter...*s* I will sandpaper it down so you will see the wood color below the white paint. If that doesn't work I will repaint it in some color.


I also started working on Lucy's star quilt. It looks great, but is a bit difficult with the Y-seams.


So now you know what is going on in my house..total chaos, in hopes to getting a new living room done soon!

Barbara

Labels: , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Just an FYI, but Fons & POrter, odes that star with out the "Y" seam. The directions are in this issue:
Katie’s String Star is in May/June. 2004 issue of Love of Quilting

1:30 PM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

Love your version of Lucy's star.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

You did a wonderful job on the footstool and how nice that it has that little shelf in it. The stars are turning out very well. I like the colors you have chosen.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The footstool looks fantastic and I really like your curtaining material.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Gerry said...

What a terrific find in your foot stool. It's so unique. Very nice make-over on it.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

Love the foot stool make-over. Wonder what you will be storing in there *grin*.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Lovely stars Barbara :-)

12:01 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

De sterren zijn prachtig Barbara. Als je er wat meer hebt gedaan dan gaat het steeds makkelijker ..
btw.. what is LQS ??

Lucy

10:30 AM  
Blogger Quilt it and Dotty www.quilt-it.nl said...

You are so fast! What a wonderfull project you have made! Look at my new blog, it is only one week old!



Dorry

8:04 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Fantastic fabric. The stool is wonderful. I need one of those! Can't wait to see your renovated room!

(Hugs)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Redecorating is always a challenge - I like the recovered foot stool.

The stars may be challenging with the y seam but they look great.

3:01 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

you certainly are talented in the home deco department- lovely re-done foot stool. I am sure your living room will turn out smashing.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I am behind in reading blogs. So glad you could get a good deal on both of the fabric you chose for your remodel, and I'm impressed at your terrific fabric selection and workmanship at redoing the stool. Everything looks great.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home