Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Knitting


Last week I had to spend 5 days in Stockholm. Before I left home I checked out some shops nearby to visit during the evening, so I would have something to do and came across: Marias knittingshop

I saw on her website that she gave private knittingclasses as well, so I called her and booked one together with Weronica who came over to spend an evening with me in Stockholm. I only knew how to knit very basic stuff so she learned us how to do lace knitting. She was very nice and did a great job on making some samples for us and giving us additional information for next projects!. I knit the american way. People here in Sweden knit differently so I had to adjust a bit to see how I had to do it, but Maria was a great help. This is the test piece we made there:

This is what I took home with me:

At home I started working with the pink yarn, but it was so thin I couldn't really get a pattern in it:

So I started again with the red yarn I got from Cathi, this is what it looks like now, it is going to be a scarf...so I have some knitting left to do!...:-)))

So if you are ever in Stockholm, visit Maria!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Shelina said...

Barbara,
This is beautiful. I didn't realize that people in different countries quilted differently.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

What's different about the American way? How come you knit that way? The piece of pink yarn looks like lovely lace in the picture.

5:24 AM  
Blogger May Britt said...

What's the different of swedish knitting and the way you knitted before? That would be interesting to hear.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pink yarn looks like it'd make lovely lace, it'd just need to be blocked when finished, the red is beautiful too though. I love the photo of all the knitting stuff you got all together in the basket.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's beautiful! I've never trired lace knitting but I'm having a ton of fun with socks.

Judy L.

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home