Sunday, June 11, 2006

AfternoonTea

Hi!

Yesterday we had our AfternoonTea Party. We had so much fun. We were also very lucky because it was 27degrees and no rain! We were 7 girls. My friends Helena and Weronica as always ;-)), My friend Lisselot from Highschool, she lives quite far away but came to me for the party, Lena the very talented artist and Ann-Christine the LQSowner and her daughter Jessica.

The party started at 15.30, with tea, coffee and ofcourse cake. Here you can see a picture of the table with the food.


I used to have a net over my bed against musquito bites and I used that to have over the table so we wouldn't have to worry about insects on the food. I found these great butterflies in a craftstore that I attached to the net.

I used the same butterflies as napkin rings:



This is how the table looked:


As you might remember of my last post, we had a mystery project. We made a pincushion. The pattern comes from an other blogg that had a lott of links of different pincushion. I don't know were the pattern comes from since it was a PDF file, without an address..and I printed it out a long time ago.
I did all the preparing on the sewingmachine so the only thing left to do was to stuff the dolls and decorate them. The nice thing was that everybody got to take a finished project home!

This is what they looked like:




Here are some pictures of us at work:



Well, as I hope you can see from the pictures we had a lott of fun! I will be uploading some of the quilts I did for the show-and-tell soon too...

Bye!

14 Comments:

Blogger Cathi said...

Looks like great weather and good fun. Pincushions look great! Glad it went off without a hitch!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these pincushions...what a great idea.
I hope that someone else remembers the link for them
Kathie

12:51 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

what a lovely tea it looks like you had, and a very fun quilty project to enjoy doing as well!
glad the weather worked out for you all to be outside.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

What a wonderful memory you created for your friends! I love the little pin cushions!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Looks like a fun time! Can you post a close up of one of the pin cushions?

7:10 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

What a lovely tea party! The netting is so pretty!
Jeanne

5:30 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Barbara, everything looks so elegant. Thankfully it looks like a picture perfect day weatherwise.

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

WOW...what fun!!! Next time invite me please! LOL
Hugs
Laurie

11:04 PM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

Sounds and looks like you had a very successful and fun party! and yes, please share close ups of the pin cushions. What a clever gal you are.

6:55 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

You set a pretty table for them! Having a sewing project too sounds like my kind of tea party!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a lovely tea party, and a gorgeous table!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Looks like fun - the netting was a good idea to keep the insects off.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful girls day out. I think we all need to do this more often, bring out the good stuff and show appreciation for each other.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling little dress form miniatures!

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home