Monday, June 26, 2006

A Garden with things to show you


Hi,

It has been Midsummer here and we went to our cabin, we had some great weather! Also my niece 12 years old has been here for a week, so I have been very busy. But now I have made some pictures and have a garden of things to show you..


I started making a wallhanging called Making Tea by Ani Downs featured in the Australien Homespun Magazine. The wallhanging is 42 x42". The magazine's wallhanging was just 20 x 20", but I found the applique pieces just to small. I made it for the Afternoon Tea party and by a miracle I finished it just on time. Here are some pictures.





















I won a quilt on ebay an antique on for just 21 dollars with help of Cathi. Here are some pictures:

















I have been working on my Kaleidoscoop and have 5 more blocks to quilt and then I am done!. I started some time ago with quilting a block a day...that worked quite good for a while anyway :-))













I also finished piecing my Diamonds quilt by hand..here are some more photo's





Somebody asked for a close-up of the pincussion we made..here it is:


I made a test-caddy for my quiltingprojects and am now testing it to see how it works. Here are some pictures:






I was working on a Seven Sisters Quilt in red and white, but I had some bad luck with washing my red fabrics (this was allready their second wash) and one of them bled and now all my reds are ruined, so I am quite sad about that. I am now doing my 7th wash of the same reds and they are still bleading and I am now soaking them for a night a special mixture of something...hope this will work
Now I am stitching my Polka Dot Girls and trying a technique that is called square in a square with a special ruler...I will let you know how that works..

bye for now!

13 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

Love the tea party applique -- its very cute. Let us know how the quilting tote works out, looks like it'd be handy.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Linda C said...

A feast for the eyes, Barbara!

4:31 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Barbara,
WOW...you have been buy as well! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs
Laurie

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you've been busy! The applique piece and the diamonds are simply spectaular.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

A garden of beautiful quilts! Bummer about the reds, hope your soak works.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Lovely quilts Barbara ! Have you washed your red fabrics by hand or by machine ? My experience is that it is easier to get the excess dye out by machine. Have you tried Dye Magnet or maybe it is named Colour Catcher ? You can get it in your stores - it is made by Nitor. Let me know how it turns out ! Crossing my fingers for you !

5:32 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow - I want my garden to grow the kind of flowers you have in yours! You have been busy!

Some people put vinegar in their wash. Not sure if it works though... Good luck. You can still use your "ruined" reds -maybe just for another project. Sorry though.

Cheers!

Evelyn

8:45 PM  
Blogger Simonetta said...

Great Barbara!!!! Marvelous your jobs ;)))) I love a lot the pincushion!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Wonderful eye candy this morning. I so love your little dress form pincushions. Is that pattern available somewhere or did you make it up?

As far as your ruined reds go. You should be able to fix them by washing them in Synthrapol. And washing the fabrics in Retayne will prevent more dye running. You should be able to buy both at your quilt shop. If not then they are available online. Hopefully those products have made it to your part of the world. :-)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Fijn om je weer te zien bloggen.. Ik miste je al :-) Wat een geweldige quilts and die antieke voor 21 dollar.. Ongelooflijk.. Ik ga ook maar weer eens kijken op ebay . Durfde tot nu tuoe nog niet te bieden. De caddy is een geweldig project. Neem je hem mee naar Nederland ?

Lucy

6:30 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

All your projects are looking good!

I especially like the curls on your tea party lady. :)

And what a good deal you found on e-Bay!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

You do great work. Everything in your show and tell was wonderful.

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home