Thursday, June 29, 2006

Mini Quilt Retreat

Hi!

We are having a mini Quilt Retreat this week, me and Weronica here in Sweden and Cathi in Ireland..

Weronica was working on a Storm at Sea with the Square in a Square ruler, and is now working on a quilt from the CoffeeTable Quilts book, called decaffinated. In blues, greens and whites.


I did a test with the Square in the Square ruler to make Half Square Triangles. It did work, but it creates a lott of waste, a bit to much for my taste, plus that the sides of the HST are on the Bias. So it was nice to try, but I won't do it again. This was the result. The pieces are 1,5 inches.




I am now working on the Home Sweet Home Quilt from Blackbird Design. So I am tracing the flisofix pieces, so I have nothing to show so far...but will update the blog when I have something to show...


So we will be having this retreat today and friday too!

Thanks for all the tips on my redfabrics, I will start testing this weekend!

Barbara

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy thr ruler- but at least, your triangles look great!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Have fun with your retreat. For HST the Easy Angle ruler from EZ is very clever. You don't have to think about the odd 7/8"

8:44 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Have a great mini retreat- I'm hoping for just a few hours in the quilting room this weekend, so make sure that you enjoy it enough for everyone!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Your little triangles look wonderful.

Enjoy your retreat. I'm retreating here at home this weekend.

3:23 AM  
Blogger Linda C said...

YIKES on the teensy-tiny HST's. You are brave girl, Barbara. Hope you get lots done "retreating"

3:25 AM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

I love your little triangles. There are so many ways to make them--you'll find one that you will like. I loved your other quilts too--the diamonds one is quite striking! have fun on your retreat!

1:13 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I agree with you about the square in a square ruler... But I like that littl pink quilt that you made.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Great job on the HST's...I have SnS ruler and haven't used it yet...basically because of the bias! YIKES!
hugs
laurie

1:11 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

how fun to do an online retreat! cute small top...I don't like bias edges either.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I really love that blue quilt in your next (or is last)post. Hope your weekend is fruitful.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I'm not a fan of sewing and trimming triangles either but I like your quilt made with the leftovers.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

A retreat sounds like a lot of fun, even if you are not in the same country! Great idea.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I like to make HST with my Wonder Cut Ruler. I like your little quilt - it is sweet!

Cheers!

Evelyn

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the soft colors in your triangles! Good luck with the Home Sweet Home. I have the book but as of yet haven't had the time to start it.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home