Thursday, July 06, 2006

Going Crazy!

Hi,

Well after our retreat last week I was a bit done with quilting for the weekend. I did some things in the garden and went on a trip to a very old town called Sigtuna. Here I bought some great fabric for my old chair which I want to re-upholster. But they didn't have enough for the whole chair, but of couse I wanted the fabric anyway!

Well..After looking at some other members blogs I came to Hanne's blogg and saw the wonderful Crazy Quilt Round Robin she was a part of.
I have been thinking about organizing a Round Robin/blockswap for some time and was looking for the perfect block. Because we all know what it is like to receive blocks from a swap were people didn't know how to messure a block and you had to trim of all the points of the stars etc to make it go together...

So anyway now I am waiting for people to reply to the invitation, and started to explore the world of Crazy Quilting and there is so much to see! I will be making some testblocks and audition them...and ofcourse into town for a good fabrichunt!

Well...I am going to keep on surfing now...

Barbara

5 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

CQ round robins can be a lot of fun... International Friendship Quilters (an on-line group) run them regularily. They pick a theme and go to it... Too fiddly for my participation, but sound like great fun.

2:28 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I thought the crazy blocks on Hanne's blog were cute too. Good luck with your round robin.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Good luck with your Crazy Quilt RR. :-)

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back from the retreat, and, good luck with your RR!

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home