Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Sewingroom Make-over

Well...I was quite happy with my sewingroom. I had the right furniture, A comfortable chair and all the right tools, but still it felt like something was "off". I had planned to re-upholster my old chair that I took with me from our cottage and spend a long time looking for the right fabric. When I had found it there wasn't enough left to do the whole chair, but since I couldn't life without it I had to buy it anyway. But being the lucky girl that I am I found more of it. So I started to think about how to tackle this "re-upholstering" since I had never done it before.

On Friday morning at 03:00 I woke up and knew what was wrong with my room! To much color! I had an old table in a bright wood color, a chair in a dark wood color with black...there were simply to many colors which made my room look messy all the time. I had a hard time picking out fabrics for project and getting really inspired. I had this nice corner were I could sit and stitch but couldn't really relax. Also you didn't see all the nice things I made and had in my room.

Well this is the way my old stuff looked:





And This is the way my room looks now:





You might think that I spend a lott of money on this, but actually I was on a very tight budget. The most expensive thing was the fabric since, the deskchair, the big chair, the curtains for my cuttingtable, the normal curtains and the bulletinboard were done in this. Second came the 2 shelves I bought and third: the ribbons for the curtain and the bulletinboard.
All the other things like the boxes and stuff were already in my room..you just didn't see them...

Well, I hope this might give you some inspiration to get your paintbrush out and see what you can do with some old stuff....

19 Comments:

Blogger Silverthimble said...

Very nice! I love the makeover!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

It looks lovely, Barbara! Very conducive to sewing and creating.

3:19 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

You've done a wonderful job of tying the whole room together. I've got more tha n one room in my house that could use your treatment if your willing ... Lol

3:42 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Your "new" room is so bright and cheery! Want to come do mine?

3:54 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

This looks like a nice restful place to get some work done. You did a great job.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Looks terrific Barbara! You'll enjoy working in there so much!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely - what a bright and airy workspace - well done - worth all the effort and money

10:05 PM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, how pretty. You did a beautiful job. And the pink and green quilt on the wall is wonderful.

11:46 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

That looks superb!

And good job on the upholstery too! Was the big chair a real pain to do?

The only thing that's missing is a cat, sprawled out on the cutting table... :)

2:03 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

It's beautiful..great job and very inspiring!

Carolyn

3:42 AM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

What a difference. It looks wonderful!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Lovely makeover :-)

9:09 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Ah....so calming...so crisp and clean...nice, you did a great job!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

Wonderful job!! You are right...to much clutter can clutter your thinking. You're an inspiration.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this looks really lovely :-)

11:26 PM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

love the transformation--I bet you just LOVE going in there now. Thanks for sharing!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Tazzie said...

Great work redecorating your room, it is just beautiful, and a place you'll be happy to spend lots of time in!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Great "before" and "after" pictures. You did a really nice job on transforming a good space into a coordinated space that is cozy and chic looking. Amazing what fabric, paint and a good imagination will do.

2:44 AM  
Blogger sharonb said...

I love the new feel of your room - nice post including before and after shots

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home