Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Stitch Sampler

 


I wrote last week that I was organizing a Crazy Quilt Round Robin and I am happy to say we are now 7 members and we will start soon.
But I started to do a lott of research about CrazyQuilts and found some great projects. I also found a lott of different stitches, so I got the idea to make an old fashioned stitch sampler, to collect them all.
I will keep adding stitches for a while, but this is the result so far. I will probably frame it.

As you can see I changed the way my blogg looks yesterday with the help of my friend Cathi. It turned out great, it was a bit to pink.

I also subscribed to Bloglines. I really enjoy it. It feels like I am 1) Enjoying reading the bloggs so much more 2) Leave comments more since I just read one or 2 at the time instead of going through the entire ring. After a while it feels like the only thing you write is: Nice quilt...or Good work! 3) Saving time!..so I read more blogs and still save time :-))

Today I will make some test blocks for the CrazyQuilt RR, I'll post some pictures later!

Have a great weekend... Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Framing your stitch sampler is a great idea! I might make one this winter in my "down" time with little embroidered flowers edging it. My Mom was not a quilter, but she did like embroidery (well, at least before she had 7 kids she did!), so it reminds me of her.

Love your new border on your blog. Right away when I saw it I had to pause to break it down - that block would make a great scrappy quilt border... hummm....

And bloglines... what a gift from Judy to tell me about it. I am saving so much time I am actually getting some sewing done - gasp!

Cheers!

Evelyn

12:56 PM  
Blogger Lil said...

What a lovely stitch sampler. I think it would look great framed also. Glad to find your blog after you visiting mine.

Happy Stitching!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

What a neat idea! And I totally agree about bloglines - less time to read and more time to comment. It's fantastic

3:15 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Plus on bloglines if the posting has a subject line that you can click on, then you can go right to the message and post the comment. Some are not set up that way but what's one more click when you can see what your buddies are up to?

I like the border you picked--less pink!

Good that you can get your Crazy RR off and running soon. The stitch sampler looks like fun--try out those pretty stitches before you pick up someone else's work.

3:42 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

The stitch sampler is a great idea... I just haul the embroidery book I use (judith Baker Montano) out everytime I want a stitch and go "oh yeah, I like the look of that one, how do I do it?" :-)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Goed idee. en inderdaad ik zou hem ook inlijsten... wat is een blogline ???

9:11 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I like the sampler. I love crazy quilts but haven't ever felt up to taking the time to make one by hand.

2:29 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

How are you doing your CQ RR? Is everyone from Sweden? Do you have a lot of quilting friends close to you?

I like the look of your blog.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home