Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Different ways to knit


Hi,

Some of you wanted to know the differences in knitting, since my last post.
If you go to this great site: knittinghelp.com you can see different videos showing different
techniques adjusted to the way you knit. I knit what they call the English way and I think people in the US do too. In Sweden they knit the continental way. It means that you have the yarn in either you left or you right hand. In some patterns/techniques this "turns" your stitches from the other way to do it.

It is a bit confusing but watch a movie and you can see the difference.

So when I leaned the lace knitting, I had to put my yarn in the opposite direction around the needle of what the teatcher did.

I have a lot to do at the moment before Christmas, but tonight I am going to a Lucia concert in church. Lucia is a saint, and we celebrate the turning of the year (midwinter) so that lighter days are coming.

I am working on my triangles for the Ocean waves, and I apologize to everybody who knew that triangles on a roll was a good way to do it, and I was to stubborn to listen.. :-)))) I was against it first..was not looking forward to taking of all that paper, but it is a super way to do it!

I will post something better again soon...promise...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelina said...

Sometimes it is hard to try a new technique, especially if it means you have to buy something. I haven't tried paper piecing, but I learned this technique in a class and just love it. So quick and easy! Of course I haven't used it since, since I've been working with sampler quilts rather than something with lots of half square triangles.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home