Sunday, January 07, 2007

Happy New Year!

Hi Everybody!
Yes, it has been a while since the last post. Been doing a lot of things, but not a lot of it had to do with any form of crafting.
But now the new year has started, new craft plans are made for the new year. One of them is trying to do more quilting. I have one top that is ready to be quilted, resting in the hoop. I really like the quilting part of making the quilts, but somehow there is always a new project that needs to be started, so the quilting is not going so fast. At the moment I am quilting this quilt:
3 days before Christmas me and the girls ( Helena, Sussie, Weronica and Lena) got together to make some Christmas flower arrangements. We had a lot of fun.

I have been working on my Ocean Wavesquilt. I started one in blue, but later changed to make one for myself in the colors I like. I now have a big box with 800 HST that will make the 64 blocks. I used the triangles on a role method, which was fast and accurate!
I am also working on the CrazyQuilt from Ann-Christine. She want hers to be only decorated in pastel colors. I am now making a tree/bush that I will decorate with silk roses.

I started this project as well. I just loved the layout of the stars, with room to do some nice quilting between them. I don't know anything about this quilt yet,...who is going to get it..how big it is going to get...so we will see when I get there..*lol* I am piecing it by hand.

Well I am off to my room and see what other things I can think of to do today.. I have been thinking of a special kind of bag and scrap booking...

Barbara

9 Comments:

Blogger May Britt said...

Good to have you back in blogland. Happy new year to you.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Happy New Year and welcome back to blogland! You were missed.

You have such a varied selection of projects going. All very lovely. I particularly like the quilt you're currently quilting on. Love those pinks and browns

5:35 PM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

Welcome back! I loved seeing the projects you are currently working on. I am so glad to see that you are like me--many projects going at once! *VBG*

6:08 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Your Ocean Waves and Stars tops are just wonderful!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

You've got a lot going on - I've got a crazy quilt on my list of quilts to do one of these days so I'll be watching your progress.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Wow - lots of projects - and all of them look wonderful.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Gosh you are back with a bang! Your projects are all wonderful - I can't imagine making that many hst - not in any reasonable amount of time, at least. =) I look forward to seeing your tree and the block when you send it on. I love CQ!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Gosh - looks like you have plenty of projects lined up to keep you busy well into the new year! I like the way you used different background fabrics in your current quilt.

Cheers!

Evelyn

7:07 PM  
Blogger Kate North said...

Nice to see someone else with lots of projects going on at the same time - those people who only work on one thing at a time are so strange! LOL

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home